Damian is a Regional Director for Colliers International, as Head of EMEA Research. He has worked within the real estate profession for 20 years, living and working from bases in London, Dubai, Prague and Helsinki. He started his career in London as investment analyst for an independent research house. He then joined CB Richard Ellis where he led emerging market research in MENA and CEE for 3 years, before joining Colliers in 2009 as Head of Eastern European Research. In 2015 he was promoted to Head of EMEA Research. He also acted as Visiting Lecturer for the Bartlett School, University College London, where he ran the European Property Studies element of the MSc in European Property Development and Planning.
In addition to having widespread knowledge of the EMEA property market and industry, Damian has a strong track record in location-based analysis and investment market research and consultancy. He has a deep understanding of European investment markets, and other specific subject areas such as the increasing role of technology, demographics and disruptive market forces on real estate markets. Recent work includes Colliers’ Cities of Influence study, which examines how major European economic hubs are positioned to face the demands of a modern, tech-driven economy. He also specialises in Industrial and Logistics (I&L), working closely with Colliers’ EMEA and Global I&L teams. In 2015 he produced Colliers’ first Global I&L Report, examining the long-term impact of trade, infrastructure and e-commerce on key global I&L hubs.
MAJOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Speaker and Presenter at Colliers International media conferences at MIPIM and MAPIC in Cannes, France 2015 & 2017
- Speaker, presenter and co-moderator at numerous Property EU Investment Briefings in London, New York, Moscow, Warsaw and Amsterdam from 2012 – 2017
- Speaker at RICS Annual CEE Property Forum, Vienna 2016
- Speaker/Moderator at Colliers National US Conference, Washington DC, USA, 2016
- Speaker/Moderator at Colliers National US Industrial Conference, Newport Beach, USA, 2015
- Panelist at the 6th ABSL Offshoring & Outsourcing Conference, Cracow, Poland, 2015
- Speaker at the CEE Warehouse & Logistics Forum, EurobuildCEE, Warsaw, Poland, 2015
- Presenter at Munich Logistics and Transportation Expo, Munich, Germany 2013 & 2015
- Speaker at Provada Real Estate Conference, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2014, 2017
- Speaker at the CEE Property Forum, Portfolio.hu, Vienna, Austria, 2014
- Speaker at the International Real Estate Investment Conference in Riga, Latvia, 2012 & 2014
- Key note speaker at the Annual International Real Estate Conference, Tallinn, Estonia, 2011, 2013 and 2016